Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A bookish post...

Gretchen Joanna was talking about books on her blog, to which I commented. I'll probably cover the same ground here, but I wanted to rejoice in the abundance of books I'm looking forward to reading!

The Imitation of Christ is my current devotional. (I found it at the thrift store for $2!) I just finished Walking on Water by Madeleine L'Engle and A Circle of Quiet will be read soon. I look forward to its autobiographical viewpoint. Josephus has been on my shelves for years (decades?), and I want to begin it, at least. My new NIV Bible (well, 1990 edition) arrived and I've been making my marks. The Giant Print is such a blessing!
My fat, pink journal. Love writing my thoughts in it for my children to read later.
Erwin Raphael McManus is becoming a favorite author. Chasing Daylight will be the second of his books I'll read. I was actually using that magnifying glass the other day to read an article that a friend of mine printed out for me. The type was tiny!
My new beloved Giant Print NIV...So nice to read without eye strain!
I borrowed this book from my daughter. It's very interesting, though you're supposed to take the Clifton StrengthsFinder test online before reading it. I'm cheap, so I'll try to figure out what my strengths are as I go along. Like I needed another book to read! ;)
This, of course, is the tip of the iceberg of reading. My Kindle contains titles by G.K. Chesterton, The Rule of St. Benedict, Kathleen Norris, 14 titles by Beth Moore, Tozer, C.S. Lewis, The Common Book of Prayer (which I'm trying to puzzle out) and many others. I'll never get through everything...which is wonderful! There's always something to look forward to!
My Beefsteak tomatoes have germinated!
And here are an acorn and hubbard that just broke through the soil yesterday. I'd better water everyone. They're sitting on the piano bench next to the sliding glass doors. They really aren't yellow. It was the flash. :)
My three newest brushes. I thought  they were a good investment since the Frugal Crafter said they should last for many years if I take care of them.
These are my 4 ATC's for the "3 Marker Challenge". I was supposed to randomly choose 3 markers and then use them to make a card. Meh! I really didn't enjoy being restricted to 3 colors, and most of my markers seem to be very dark, so it's hard to get a satisfactory result. At least for me. Oh well, it was a learning experience!
 
I'm off to do some reading before bed. God bless all and shalom to you!

4 comments:

  1. I predict that *Lisa's Journal* will be fascinating, and a classic.

    I just love a large-print Bible. The scriptures seem to come at me all new and refreshing when the typeface is large.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love you guys (GJ and YOU!) and I love your thinking.
    I have so many books to read, too. Books = SO GOOD!
    Your ATC's are looking beautiful, good artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too, Kindred Spirit! :) You're an encourager extraordinaire!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)