Thursday, October 9, 2014

3030 Challenge, kittens, etc.

I've just signed up to do Joyce Meyer's 3030 Challenge. This is just a way to get into the habit of regular Bible study by studying 30 minutes a day for 30 days. Then to hopefully continue that habit for a lifetime. She doesn't give you a to-do list of what to read or anything like that. (That's the part that took me a moment to figure out.) Just lots of little videos and other small encouragements to help you along. You can study any part of the Bible you want and go as slowly as you like. Just do it everyday for 30 minutes. I'm dusting off my Eerdman's Handbook of the Bible and getting familiar with my Kindle copy of Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible. Digging a little deeper! I'm starting with Galatians since I'm already studying John through Beth Moore's book, The Beloved Disciple. I really want to stick with this!

I hurried home tonight to feed the barn cats before dark. I bought some soft food for the kittens to supplement their milk and some chicken scraps from the deli for the bigger cats. My plan was to give the bigger cats their scraps first, then run in the house and warm the milk and put the soft food on a plate for the kittens. I figured if the older guys were busy with the chicken they wouldn't bother the kittens. When I got back outside I saw that the kittens are more self-sufficient than I thought!
 They were chowing down and the bigger cats didn't seem to mind at all.
I also put the milk and food in the shed where the kittens have a snug place to sleep. They should be stuffed!  Here are two of the older cats.
 They are all of the extra-toed variety. There is another orange one somewhere.
Anyway, I'm glad to know that Mama Barncat taught her children some eating skills before she vanished. I don't think she deserted them. She's been around for a lot of years and has always been a good mother and provider for her kittens. She was a great mouser/hunter. We have so many eagles around, I'm wondering if one of them snatched her.

Continuing with my Drawing Our Lives course, here is the latest.
 
Mission #12-Go for a walk and draw three things that you see. Well, it's cold out, so I took a virtual walk! The squash is in my kitchen, but the other two things I drew from photos.
 Mission #13-Draw a stranger. Again, from a photo. (I'm supposed to go have a meal at a café and draw people, but that doesn't really work well out here in the sticks where a café is not always handy!)
So, that's what I've been up to other than work. I'll be peeking in on your blogs as well. Glenn, haven't heard from you in a while. I may be checking up via email! :)

Everyone have a glorious evening and a great Friday! Shalom.

7 comments:

  1. Oh the kittens! What a good thing, that they have your shelter! You are used to look after a lot of children!

    Authentic drawings! Go o this way! Greeetings! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on this way! Greetings! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! The kittens are darling! I want the yellow one.
    Your sheep face is spectacular! Well done! I love your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your new header; it's pretty. I can almost reach out and stroke the softness.
    Good for you, studying the Bible every day. It's how I start most of my days and I'm a better person for it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's o.k. with me if Pom Pom wants the yellow kitten because I want the tabby. They look SO soft and cuddleable!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)