Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Project begins...

Remember this little project? I believe this (below) arrived last Saturday...
It's smaller than I imagined, but no less daunting.
I came up with the idea to make a storyboard to help me plan what will go on each page.
The first rectangle represents the front and back covers, which I hope to cover with art. Then the inside front cover and first page.
There are 15 two page spreads and then the last page and inside back cover. Lots of area to cover!
Now I'll have to do some brainstorming for ideas to fill all of those pages. I've got a list started, but it looks pretty short now that I see it all laid out in front of me. I'm thinking the title will be My North Woods, or something similar. It will be filled with animals, plants, places and activities that are a part of this area.
I've been visiting the website and browsing through other people's sketchbooks, which is the whole idea of this project. Some of them are quite fantastic, while others are very ordinary. I have a whole year to finish this and submit my sketchbook, so I'm going to try to rein myself in and take my time. I have visions of black bears and blueberries, foxes and lady slippers, loons and lakes, to mention just a few. But first comes a lot of planning!
I can quickly become obsessed by something like this, so I think I'll put it aside for tonight and do something else! :)
 
Micah is still in a holding pattern, though she reported some contractions tonight. She said that always happens when she's planning to go grocery shopping. I said, "Get them groceries, girl!" You need groceries when you babysit grandgirls while Mama's having a baby!
 
Stress levels at work continue to rise as our three full-time deli managers have 12 weeks of vacation between them which must be used up. It's ridiculous when we're so short of help! We just work like crazy trying to fill in and keep up. (I almost didn't mention work because I know I sound like such a whiner, but I need to vent to SOMEBODY!) So, I continue to pray that the Lord will help me to see it as a challenge and help me to hold on until such time as I have other options. Meanwhile, I'll be leaving them a little higher and drier when Adele makes her appearance, mwahahaha! :) (Taking a couple of days off!)
 
Oh, and here's a scary apparition I saw on my computer screen...eeeek!
I will let you go so I may prepare my evening repast. I took a nap after getting home from work, so my evening is flying past! Frying chicken all day tomorrow, and then my WEEKEND OFF! :)
 
I hope you are all well and that we all remember to lay our cares on Him, for He cares for us.  Thanks for allowing me to vent! :)
 
Shalom, friends and family!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you at least can take your weekend off! Makes it hard when work is short-staffed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you -- work seems to come with stress. I've never heard of much work that doesn't have its share, unless you work alone at something you desperately love :) Fellow blog lady Rainey (Flower Lady) is soon losing her job, and worrying a bit about it. Needs a new job, part time. So I'm glad you have work, and are in demand :) Hang in there, Micah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)