Monday, June 15, 2015

A very fishy post...

I suddenly realized that all my ideas for this post had to do with fish...

First of all, here are my latest ATC's for  a swap called "Go Fish!"


 My hostess requested that I make a copy of a card from a previous swap because she liked it so much. So I made this for her host card.
 The trout is my favorite. :)
 While looking up fish images for my cards I came across pictures of darters. I never knew these little jewels existed! So tiny and colorful. God created these little guys who most people will never see. But what beautiful little creations! I hope these were returned to the river they came from.



Thirdly, my favorite fishy snack! I used to love sardines in mustard sauce, but I find that the newer version of mustard sauce is pretty insipid. So instead, I buy these in olive oil (they're the cheapest brand I found) and then I add plain old mustard to them, mash them up, and plop some on a cracker. Yummy!

I'm looking forward to some rest time tomorrow. I will have to make a foray into town to see the eye doctor about some new glasses. I'm so ready for a new pair! I hope to have a relaxing day.
 
God bless all and shalom!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! Wonderful fish! Way to go! Yay for new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, Just found your blog, it looks very interesting, I will be keeping an eye on it. Keep up the great work! Jesus bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to post a comment but am experiencing problems. So this is a trial run. Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why it has you listed as anonymous. Usually your name shows up. (?)

      Delete
  4. I think the problem has been fixed . By now I forgot what I wanted to say *smile* Hope you are having a very restful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to the eye doctor today too (at last). Haven't been in about 18 years. I know -- I'm bad :) I need piano glasses, just the right distance for focusing on music.
    I like the trout pic best too b/c he is moving -- the movement in the picture is key sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These fish-paintings are wonderful! We have to be careful to these amazing creatures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)